Classroom Guitar Forum

Author   Comment  
robsulkowtgw

Reply with quote  #1 
What storage solutions are you using for your guitars? Include how many guitars you are storing (or not storing).

TGW Forum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I searched all over for storage possibilities that would help.  I finally designed a cabinet that I absolutely LOVE!!!  I created two enclosed racks, on wheels that  I left the front open.  We roll them face to face and lock them together.  It's nice.  They can be rolled together or individually.  They are nice and secure as well.  Each rack holds 20 guitars.
michaeldurig

TGW Forum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I have had good luck in hanging the guitars to the walls similar to the displays in a music store.  It doesn't take any floor space and is adaptable to many different school room dynamics.  I have used it in two rooms with great success.
robsulkowtgw

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow! DIY solutions for classroom guitar. Can you share a picture or the instructions or how to build it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2music14
I searched all over for storage possibilities that would help.  I finally designed a cabinet that I absolutely LOVE!!!  I created two enclosed racks, on wheels that  I left the front open.  We roll them face to face and lock them together.  It's nice.  They can be rolled together or individually.  They are nice and secure as well.  Each rack holds 20 guitars.

Reply with quote  #5 
Can you share a picture of your class? Do the guitars get banged around at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldurig
I have had good luck in hanging the guitars to the walls similar to the displays in a music store.  It doesn't take any floor space and is adaptable to many different school room dynamics.  I have used it in two rooms with great success.

TGW Forum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
After seeing the price of the nicer guitar storage racks, the maintenance department at my school is making a double decker rack much like what you see advertised for $700-900. They will get it done for half of that price. The wood shop students made 3 sizes of foot rests.  They would sell for $40-50. We just had to pay for wood, varnish, stain.  They are repurposed wood pallets, and look great.
robsulkowtgw

Reply with quote  #7 
I love the DIY-style! You should check out http://www.guitarbuilding.org/. It's a STEM program in which kids build their own guitars in wood shop. Your program can be totally home grown! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgerdes
After seeing the price of the nicer guitar storage racks, the maintenance department at my school is making a double decker rack much like what you see advertised for $700-900. They will get it done for half of that price. The wood shop students made 3 sizes of foot rests.  They would sell for $40-50. We just had to pay for wood, varnish, stain.  They are repurposed wood pallets, and look great.

TGW Forum Yellow Belt
Reply with quote  #8 
Guitar rack-1.jpg 
Glen McCarthy

TGW Forum Yellow Belt
Reply with quote  #9 
Guitar rack-2.jpg 
Glen McCarthy

TGW Forum Yellow Belt
Reply with quote  #10 
Guitar rack -3.jpg 
CherylTheSinger

TGW Forum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Guitars.jpgThe local music store donated the board. They had extra that they weren't using. Students who bring their own instruments may store them in cases below the hanging guitars.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.